Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't Let the Stress Catch Ya

It comes in threes. Stress, I mean.

One thing heats up, then another, and then the third shows up and I start to wonder if I've got a target on my back or something.

So, we're in full stress mode at the office here. The upcoming trip to London, the all-day AMWA class on Saturday, the presentation while in London, the workload before I can get to London (very high-profile stuff for my job), and in the midst of it comes my salvation.

MarioKart for the Wii.

Seriously, folks. This is the best treatment for stress I've EVER found. Well, that gym every day works well for me too, but for those who can't get to the gym every single day, try this game.

In writing news, have made it to the next stage. Figured out my family makeup (Electra) and now we can begin the pre-writing planning stage. That was tough work. It took a pile of about 20 novels, another 5 books on mother-daughter relationship theories, and another 5 books on psychology, but I did it. I actually didn't need to read all those books, because my lightbulb moment came in the midst of a novel, but it was good to read and take notes anyway. I have plenty of notes and so here we go. What does the pre-writing planning stage mean?

It means I have too much work to do and have to go to Europe before I can really get started because I'm not bringing a laptop with me and there is no way I'm going to get a hubby to sit in a hotel room during daylight hours so I can write 2,000 words. No way. So I'll just pre-write plan and start writing when we get back.

And that works. Lessens the pressure for me right now.

The first of my paid blog posts are going up this week. I am trying to work with the client to make it a monthly gig, so fingers crossed.

And with that, no news today, as I'm off to get a hair cut and my suit hemmed. My daily gym workouts have helped me fit into the suit! So good for me!

Have a great day!

Currently reading: Uglies series Scott Westerfeld
Currently listening to: Basshunter

No comments: