Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lost in Another World


Do you ever get to writing on a WIP (especially fiction) and forget about reality?

I sure did yesterday. I expanded my Curio project space for Cake quite a bit and literally am juggling two completely different people who are at extreme odds with each other and their surroundings. I need to create a space for the hero (shapeshifter character) and then start writing. It was an amazing transformation to watch a one-dimensional character space suddenly come alive with energy and I swear I could hear the two characters arguing already.

Cool.

In other news, I'm swamped today with projects and plans. My phone is ringing off the hook with jobs and I'm really happy and really blessed to be able to choose the client that fits me the best. It's becoming more and more regular in my business and that's exactly what it needed to be for 2007. I spent most of 2005 and 2006 working on what OTHER people thought I should be doing. No more of that.

Also, I'm currently watching (for the tenth time) The Power of Myth with Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell. It includes an interview with Stephen Spielberg and because I am so not a Stars Wars fan, I usually skip it. Well, not this time. I'm watching it and enjoying the example of the Hero's Journey archetype explained to me in this way. I love learning the rules, just so I can break them.

And, I was once again reminded of how well I stayed true to my calling last year while purchasing references and software and tools to expand my business. I expanded too quickly, took a giant risk, and it didn't work in 2006, but I'm back on track for it to work in 2007. After listening last evening to Alice Seba and Kelly McCausey from WAHM Radio talk about taking these kind of risks for your business, I'm so glad I did it!

How's your day going? Are you pushing the limits, taking risks, and trying new things? How about just one thing?

Keep Moving Forward.

No comments: