Monday, January 28, 2008

The Raccoon and the Snow

Woke up to a winter wonderland today. My friend, J, got her wish, but school in her district won't be cancelled, just an hour late. Our district was cancelled, because in these hills, you just don't drive. Well, at least I don't. I am a menace on ice, thus school buses would also be dangerous.

Anyway, our resident coon (he's a biggun) just crept across the snow and up onto the fence and into our trees and hubby came running downstairs to point him out. We've seen him a few times now, but each time we do, he looks bigger and fatter than before. Now if he would only help us reduce the stray cat population around here, life would be really good.

Revision shipped, check was mailed, and so I partied this weekend. We had a Wii party Friday night, which went all night (friend crashed on the couch) and then last night, after J and I went to Ikea to pick up the niece's birthday present (!!!!!!), we played more Wii. It was a very nice weekend and I actually finished several books to boot and watched another disk of Jeeves and Wooster. Lovely.

This week is going to be less intense, but it's strategic planning for several other January/February items that are on my to-do list next. It should be interesting. One freelance project has completely blown up, so I just want to finish (funny how all the other projects I'm on for this client are smooth sailing, without even a slight hiccup; methinks it is the people on this project, not the project; and I mean me too--the people team just doesn't click well).

So for this week:

1. Prep for essay class.
2. MFA work for this week.
3. Marketing campaign for Q1 2008 begins (organize names in ACT)
4. Continue writing copy for new web site.
5. Seek out complimentary blogs for new blogging project.

And LOST is here on Thursday. I am so freaking excited!

Have a great snow day!

Currently listening to: August Rush soundtrack
Currently reading: Broken For You (Stephanie Kallos)

No comments: