Thursday, December 13, 2007

Feeling the Impending Holiday Break

Not that the impending holiday break will be a bad thing! I'm so ready for it! But I can feel it coming and so can my clients and that's when things go haywire. Everyone wants it RIGHT NOW and there are limits to how quickly things can be turned around. I'm doing my best but after almost three weeks of solid deadlines, I'm tired.

So I'm cranking my iPod dock and going for it (plug: I love my Bose! Rachel, you should totally buy it!) and things should be better for the weekend.

Yesterday was freak out day and I just about came undone. You know when you are tired and lots of different things start coming your way at once and you feel a bit disconnected? That was yesterday.

Today is much better.

In writing/reading/revising news, I'm almost done with my work on my short story MFA for the first week. This is my exploratory MFA, but I can get credit for it later if I keep all my papers and written work. It's fun, it's free (except for the books), and I'm learning a lot of great stuff.

Plus a book I copyedited last week is a prereq lit class textbook and is really good. I got it in PDF, so I'm looking forward to working with that too and then using it in my portfolio.

Gotta run!

Now reading: Valiant (Holly Black)
Now playing: Taking Chances (Celine Dion)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have those "Freak out days" all the time! Now that I have had so many of them I can sense them before they hit and take certain precautions--VACATION, massage, or a nap--and then the whole breakdown fizzles out.

You, on the other hand, are probably too busy for preventative measures, so kudos to you for your quick, after-the-fact recovery! :)

Jamie Ford said...

For some reason I always seem to get a TON of writing done in December. Of course it helps that my agent and editor will soon be away on vacation. I guess it takes the pressure off.