Monday, December 10, 2007

A Bit Somber, Probably Because I Have A Cold

Hard news this weekend. A friend's IVF failed and another friend's 4-yo-old fell out of a tree (20 feet) and broke both her wrists in two places. I am affected by news like that in such a personal way. I had to fight to get into a party mood on Saturday and so had to go to the gym, rant a bit (while hubby kindly listened) and then I felt better. But prayers and thoughts go to both these friends on opposite sides of the country. I'm so sorry.

The neighborhood party lasted 9 hours. I have no idea how in the world we go that long, but when you start at 4 pm and have 10 houses to visit, it just goes that long. Delish food (crab cakes, eggnog, and brown bears aka hot chocolate and rum) and fun conversation and the finale of white elephant gifts being fought over by people who remembered none of it the next day.

This week is much quieter around the office. All the deadlines are met, a few impending ones are still a week away and I have a cold. Thus, I will curl up with my AMA style book on the couch with a blanket and go nowhere today. It is too cold out anyway.

In writing news, I'm going through revision books and really picking up some great tips. I'm writing in my character notebooks and my structure and theme notebooks and I am reading a lot.

In studying news, I'm back to the grindstone. I just realized that if I want to finish my school by the time I'm 40, I'd better hurry up. So studying for tests today, which I plan to take in 2008.

But all that aside, my to-do list is made for today and off I go!

Currently reading: Tithe (Holly Black)
Currently listening to: Boys choir Christmas music

No comments: