Friday, April 20, 2007

Juggling Illness and Projects


So how do you juggle being sick and taking care of multiple projects (with multiple deadlines). The answer? Keep the amazing clients, of course!

Don't be too quick to get rid of clients who understand that life is hard and things can change quickly, especially in spring, when allergies and colds are flying around. I usually don't get sick working by myself at home, but this time, a visit to the dentist and the clinic just exacerbated the situation.

But I try to work a week ahead at all times, so today, only two projects are imperative. And not a big deal. I have an author waiting to review his chapters and I need to clean up another few chapters for comp. I can do that! But know that this gal is spending the weekend on my couch. If I don't get better this weekend, then life won't look so good next week. :)

Thanks to Katharine O'Moore-Klopf of Editor Mom for her really good article on EFA members who blog (not a blog post, Katharine wrote an article for the print edition of the March-April issue of the EFA newsletter). She mentioned this blog along with several other worthy blogs in a great round-up of the multitalented people of EFA.

Welcome to all the EFA members who are surfing blogs as a result of that article. If you have a blog and want to trade links, just leave a comment. I'd be happy to link to you. If you're interested in joining EFA, visit here.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

And . . . yes.

Keep moving forward!

No comments: