Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bye-bya Sanjaya.


I don't even watch American Idol, but you could feel a palpable sense this morning that he got the boot last night (okay, so CNN told me). Talk about outrageous. When it's only your hair keeping you on in a singing competition, methinks the singing competition might be on its last legs, hm?

In other news, the writing is coming along nicely. In between planning a new book club (starts in May and our first pick is Allison Winn Scotch's The Department of Lost and Found; ff you want a really good read that's uplifting and fun, check it out!) and juggling clients, I'm able to sit down for at least a few hours each day and tap out ideas and other thoughts about my WIP.

Jodi Picoult said that she doesn't ride a word on her books until she hears the first line in her head. Then she starts and she's quite serious about writing. She researches her next two books while she's still writing her current WIP!

And Jenny Crusie juggles multiple WIPs and even has a fun book that she works on each Sunday.

I have multiple WIPs, but I'm the process queen and until I figure out a quantifiable process to this fiction writing, I'll stick with one WIP at a time.

But I'm writing each day. And that's how I keep moving forward.

No comments: