Wednesday, April 02, 2008

301st Post For This Blog

When television shows get to 300 episodes, they get a cake and a party. Hello?

I got chocolate chip cookies last weekend, so relax.

I wanted to move the blog to the new domain by this 301st post, but I'm not done tweaking the new digs, so everyone will just have to wait.

In today's news wrap-up, I'm still fascinated by the debate over receding Google clicks. As someone who uses Google's ads to generate income and to advertise my own business, I will continue to follow this closely.

The fizzle of freelance writers? The New York Observer observes a trend.

And the specialization of book clubs, which is a trend I am a part of. My "book club" is simply five writers who talk writing, but we always take a poll and ask what everyone's reading and then discuss. The last meeting was a heated debate on "The Other Boleyn Girl" and continued reverence for Elizabeth Gilbert's "Eat, Pray, Love." Good article, anyway.

Busy day today, so will get to it. Essay work is on deck right now!

Currently listening to: Hillsong
Currently reading: New Oxford Guide to Writing

No comments: