Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Good morning, writing buddies.

I'm feeling really good. The latest revision of my essay is off to my essay coach and she's extended our class another week. I can't wait to hear back from her.

Surfing my news sites yesterday, I realized I forgot to mention this NYT article (from 2 weeks ago). The heirs of J.R.R. Tolkien have not received one penny from the Lord of the Rings movies and have sued New Line Cinema. Lessee, how much money did those movies make again? Oh, 6 billion dollars? And you can't pay the author's family their requested 7.5%? Methinks someone is a bozo. As someone who has been to Oxford and visited C.S. Lewis' home where Tolkien talked about these books (sure not Tolkien's apartment where he wrote LOTR, but close enough), I'm appalled. New Line has jeopardized a possible two-movie deal for the Hobbit by their actions. Stay tuned. This one is going to get interesting.

Other than that, I'm reading and writing and keeping up on my to-do list. Crossed off a whole lotta items yesterday, which was good.

And I'm bouncing off the walls because of the very good writing session last night to polish the revised essay. I am feeling pretty good!

Have a great Tuesday!

Currently reading: Seven Years to Seven Figures
Currently listening to: Third Day

No comments: