Wednesday, December 19, 2007

At the End of the Line. Period. Full Stop.

Someone wrote this to me today and I'm stealing it. I am definitely at the end of the line. Slept in this morning until 7:30 and feel rested, but I need to get the work done today so I can just walk away from the office and focus on other things.

Loved the Thomas Merton quote Susan Wise Bauer put on her blog about work. I needed that today.

Finally the library has Stephenie Meyer's Twilight waiting for me. I was hold number 300 or something of 350 people and it seems a copy has found its way to my regional library and it's for me! I can't wait. I've heard amazing things about this series (albeit the guy is a vampire) and I'm so curious.

The vampire thing must be a trend. I got the original I am Legend movie from the 1960s starring Vincent Price to watch, have the 1971 Charlton Heston remake coming next week, and ordered the 1998 reissue of Richard Matheson's book I am Legend for Todd for Christmas. Hey, the story was good and we are intrigued because you want to know more after you see Will Smith's version.

Just got off a webinar for work that was really interesting, but I am not an MD, so the writing/planning aspects still befuddle me. I sat there copyediting as the text appeared. Yes, I am a copyeditor! :)

Currently reading: Valiant (Holly Black) (must finish soon to make room for Twilight!)
Currently playing on the iPod: One Republic cd (new)

No comments: