Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Feeling A Bit Under the Weather

Yeah, I've got the sniffles today. It's cold now (snow expected in the mountains and maybe for us later on this week) and it was bound to happen.

In writing news, I'm reading revision books like crazy. Susan Bell, Noah Lukeman, Renni Browne, and on it goes. Have an entire pile to get through in the next 10 days or so and then the revision schedule will get all filled in and I'll really be into it. I'm trying not to fiddle with the revising quite yet, not until I know how I want to do it. I tend to fiddle and fiddle and ruin perfectly good drafts.

Gearing up to read Dennis Lehane and Ken Follet books and am not sure about this. They are both gritty, hard-boiled thrillers (well, maybe not Follet, but I've still read about the violence in his reviews). I'm so not a fan of violence, but the writing in these men's works is worth it I hear.

It's like reading the last quarter of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love. It ran out of steam for me, but I didn't care; her writing was just so poetic and smooth. Sometimes the writing seduces you into reading what you just knew you would not ever attempt.

It sure surprises me! Wish me luck!

Playing on the iPod: Testify to Love (Avalon)

No comments: