Thursday, January 24, 2008

So I Thought It Was Friday

And freaked out, because I'm still revising. I'm on the final, final pages and gonna make it. Why is it that everything conspires against you just as you're "finishing" some project? It happened to me yesterday.

But moving on.

There is so much turmoil in publishing at the start of this year. Every issue I get of Publishers Weekly has some more big news to report (Tom Wolfe moved publishers, etc.). 2008 is going to be quite a year and I can't wait.

Most of what I revise just needs work, but yesterday I ran across some solid little gems (my own writing!) and I was pleased. I'm ruthless if it doesn't fit the story, but these fit and I thought they were comical, so they stayed in. I've cut about 7% of my first draft and Stephen King says 10% should be cut from a first draft, but more may come out after the editor takes a gander. We'll see.

Woke up to see hubby walking around listening to his iPod (Wall Street Journal) again, which is a welcome sight. After five months of working too hard to get the team in place, he finally gets to kick back and rest and work on special projects. I'm really happy for him and love hearing stories of how upper management clap their hands with glee when they hear he's handling special projects. It's nice to have so many people trust hubby, even when he bombarded with negative vibes from other, not so intelligent coworkers. Rock on, babe! I bought him an audiobook to listen to along with the new Greenspan audiobook.

Currently listening to: The phone ringing (London calling)
Currently reading: Meatball Sundae (Seth Godin)

No comments: