Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Go Back To the Book

I confess, I've been chased around this week by the big R word: resistance. (If you've read any of the blog in the past six months, you'll know that I'm a rabid fan of Steven Pressfield's War of Art, which deals with the resistance you feel when aspiring to higher callings, i.e., writing or artistic endeavors.)

So guess what has been carried around with me all week long? Yep, Pressfield has been regular company in those darkest of moments. I know why I'm letting resistance chase me; it's a big week for hubby and me. We will find out how the next 15 months will shake out; one way or the other.

So, I tend to bury my head into style guide issues and freelance work and after dinner, I lapse into fiction land. It may be "sticking my head in the sand," but it sure works. I'm staying sane and Pressfield reminds me daily that this resistance thing can be conquered, if you truly desire to break through.

And I do.

Up to 14k on the fiction and we're headed out tomorrow for the weekend, but I will still be writing. Have no fear.

And remember, resistance is your true north. Whatever you're getting the most flack for, that is probably what you're supposed to be doing.

Keep moving forward.

No comments: