Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mid-Week Report.


So, this WIP is really running off the inspiration of George Eliot's Middlemarch.

I'm so inspired by Jane Smiley's example (she recently redid Boccaccio's Decameron in her recent book, Ten Days in the Hills), that I have been reading her 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel, and I realized this week that my book is going to be inspird by Middlemarch. It's about people influenced by their community and what happens as a result. I love how Smiley juxtaposed Middlemarch against Vanity Fair.

I'm on track this week. Writing, flossing, editing, making progress. I am just doing a little each day and it's keeping me on track.

Don't try and do too much this week. I really believe keeping it simple and steady wins the race.

Keep moving forward.

No comments: