Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wrap It Up Wednesday



We've got stuff to finish up today and I'm ready to get it done. Headed for a weekend away from the office and the work load and the sunshine is peeking out today, which makes me yearn for bigger spaces and a few hours of dreaming.

But first, we've got to wrap it up.

What's on your to-do list that's been sitting there for days, weeks, months even?

Get a timer and set it for 15 minutes. And concentrate on that task. And if after 15 minutes, you've lost interest, do something else. But if you're into it, keep going for another 15 minutes, and another. If you need breaks between, that's fine too.

People ask me all the time, "how do you do all that you do?"
There's my answer. A stupid kitchen timer and a really manipulative rewards system (M&Ms, Coke, episode of Scrubs, listen to Les Miserables while I work if I do some work first, that sort of thing).

As for me and my writing and editing projects, I'm doing great. Finished up stuff for two clients yesterday, and will finish up stuff for two more clients today, which leaves a full schedule for tomorrow and Friday, but very doable, I think.

But the best news is that I again utilized the muse through all the work yesterday and the plotting of Everywhen has begun in earnest. It's good. It takes elements from so many stories I've read and enjoyed, but with a very new, very fresh spin that I think 9-12 year olds will love. I told my husband last night and he was very intrigued, which is a good sign. My hubby reads everything: kid's books and comics and cartoons in between all his history and economics classes and his management training and hefty job responsibilities managing 20 other people.

Now to outline it, write it, get a few readers' opinions, and get an agent. I've already started writing the query letter for my agent search. It's that good!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: