Monday, January 09, 2006

Yes, I'm Pretty Mad

Damn James Frey.
It really ticks me off when writers who have the chance to really make a difference with their books fuck it all up instead.

Smoking Gun Article. The facts are all here.
Maybe I'm just grumpy tonight. I worked so hard all day long, answered all the email, turned in all the projects that were due, paid the bills, vacuumed the house, found every single dirty dish in the house and put it in the dishwasher, and I haven't written one damn thing (except this blog post) because I'm so mad at James Frey. As if he has anything to do with me.

I vow, right now, whatever I write, will be truth. I vow, right now, that whatever I report will be fact-checked within an inch of its life.

Damn.

Just when you had hopes that good writing could still be discovered. Hopefully I can believe that tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

MarkFarley said...

What annoys me more than this whole debacle is that the general consensus in publishing is either:

A. Publish someone who is already in the media industry

B. Publish only people you are directly related, have had intmate relations or have met at one of your champagne fuelled parties

C. Delete where applicable

It's people like James Frey who gives nobodies like us a bad name and less hope in the literary world.