Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Rather Calm Week

It's nice. My UK colleagues are preparing for a three-day weekend (as am I) and things are slowing for that. There's still work to be done, but the "go-go-go" pace we've had for the past six months is definitely on hiatus.

Next week should be quiet as well with another UK client on hiatus for a conference. What does this mean?

I can make some writing progress between now and when my sister-in-law flies in for her visit. Yep, she's coming from Augusta, Georgia to stay with us for nine days. It's her graduation present. A single mom with three very busy teenagers, she just finished her double masters degree last week with a 3.9 GPA. And her masters degree is in organization management and project management. Those are not small feats! So hubby bought her a ticket to escape and come to Seattle and relax with us. I'm taking that week off, and we'll just watch movies, gab, and sleep, I think. I will still have work to do, but it's definitely our spring break.

In other news today, the New York Times reports on the media's apology to the McCanns. Read it here.

Off I go!

Currently reading: The Making of Story (Alice LaPlante)
Currently listening to: Avalon

No comments: