Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Nanowrimo Last Day

As I type this (after a great writing day yesterday that pushed my word count over 63,000 words), I am running a spell check on my entire draft.

Yep, that's right. I'm done with my book and with my Nanwrimo 50,000-word challenge! I wrote past 70,000 words and I'm 90% happy with it (yes, I'm a perfectionist, so sue me).

I did it!

I feel great. I even went to Amazon this morning to buy myself some books to read as a reward for a job well done and then found them all at the King Co library instead (20 holds so far). So when I get back from T-day, not only will I be reading my heart out, I will be starting the next phase of this book project: revision.

Stay tuned for more once I gorge myself on holiday food and spend time with family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: