Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Fiver

1. Hit 20k on the novel first draft! Yippee! I plan to hit 25k this weekend if everything goes well, but it depends on the other four issues I will relate below.

2. Hubby invited way too many people over tonight for pizza (all his coworkers who will be laid off effective today; yes, they are partying; it's how the majority of the world deals with disappointment), and was up at 5 am this morning to get to the grocery store to stock up on soda, beer, and alcohol (don't worry, I will kick out anyone who spills beer on my carpet, seriously). It will be fun. Cheers!

3. I am getting hammered with the job. The first round of feedback from our client is back and well *headdesk* -- their criteria must be like higher than perfect. Today was the first time I got feedback that actually complimented the editor on an enjoyable monograph. I will be strategizing over the weekend because next week I need to be in meetings.

4. All that job stuff has shoved the freelance back, but I have chained myself to the desk and I finished a big project last night after double-checking and triple-checking everything. I finish two other smaller projects today and this weekend will be a large bulk of the big project that I've been working on since March. It will be worth it to just power through on a weekend because there are so many little details.

5. Hubby is so stressed with his new bigger job. It's like a train wreck (but totally unlike the train wreck that unfolded on yesterday's ConstantChatter). There's just a lot that has to transition in the next week and I keep reminding him to lower the threshold. I am also fielding calls from his team throughout his region (multiple states) as our home number was given out by accident. Geez!

With that, I'll sign off for the weekend. I'm looking forward to a calmer week next week. The London trip preparations have begun in earnest. I have a to do list and it's time to get started on it.

Playing on the iPod: In My Arms - Plumb

No comments: